Close your eyes gently.
inhale through your nose and exhale through the mouth.
Do this a couple times. WHO would you be….
Without the weight of legalism and religion weighing you down?
If you didn’t have to run and hide?
If you embraced the freedom you had?
If you were more certain about your identity in Christ?
If you saw the beauty that God sees in you.
If you knew your worth and believed it.
If you knew that God has already reserved a space for you at the table.
If you knew there was no judgement.
If you knew how much God loves you.
If you didn’t let the weight of all the hate and anger in the world in.
1. You are worthy of being loved. and you are loved.
2. Jesus never regrets saving you.
3. It’s okay to stop watering the dead things in your life.
4. You are allowed to change and grow.
5. Truth often divides before it may bind.
6. God seeks what has been lost and driven away.
7. It’s okay to pray with tears instead of words. God understands them just as well.
8. It’s okay to need help and support. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. even Jesus needed help carrying His cross.
9. Sometimes a cozy blanket, your favorite drink, and a friend will go a long way in the process of healing.
10. You are not what happened to you. you are not the tragedy, or situation or circumstance that happened.
Sometimes when life is difficult and rough, we all just need a little encouragement to cling to to get us through the day, week, month, year.
remember these tiny but immensely powerful truths. guard them in your heart. write them down. share it with a friend. save the link. maybe find some more simple, tiny but powerful truths.
but in times of fear, in doubt, in times of insecurity and loneliness, through the good and bad and tears and laughter remember them.